2947 RCACC operates based on a partnership between several entities, both military/government and civilian.
The excellence of our training program is based on the strength of this partnership and the solid foundation it provides.
The Government of Canada through the Department of National Defence (DND) supports the Army Cadet program through direct funding of uniforms, adult instructors and supervisors, transportation, and training activities.
DND is the primary sponsor of the Royal Canadian Sea, Army, and Air Cadet programs and creates the nationally standardized frameworks, training syllabus, and policies which govern the administration and delivery of the programs across the country.
2947 is directly supported through the Regional Cadet Support Unit (Pacific), which is the central administrative unit that oversees all Cadet programs in the province of British Columbia.
The Army Cadet League of Canada
The Army Cadet League of Canada (ACLC), a civilian nonprofit organization, commits to support the Army Cadets by working in partnership with local communities and the Canadian Forces in the development of policies and methods for achieving the aims and objectives of the Canadian Cadet Movement in general, and the Royal Canadian Army Cadets in particular.
The objectives of the ACLC are to:
- Encourage and promote interest in and support for the Royal Canadian Army Cadets.
- Facilitate and recommend the formation of Army Cadet Corps.
- Assist in the recruitment of Cadet Instructors and participate in the recruitment of Cadets.
- Provide and supervise Local Sponsors.
- Ensure that the Army Cadet Program is adventure-oriented, challenging, consistent with our aims and relevant to present society.
- Collect, receive, hold and invest funds and property from contributions, gifts, grants, subscriptions or legacies and use such funds, subject to the donor's direction, for the benefit of the Royal Canadian Army Cadets.
- Protect the overall interests of the Army Cadet League of Canada.
- Coordinate and influence effective support of Army Cadet Corps at all levels.
39 Service Battalion (39 Svc Bn) is a reserve service battalion of 39 Canadian Brigade Group garrisoned in Richmond and Victoria, B.C. It provides logistical support such as transportation, supplies, repairs, and personnel to the rest of the 3rd Canadian Division units located in British Columbia.
39 Svc Bn is 2947's Affiliated Unit. All Army Cadet Corps have an affiliated Primary Reserve or Regular Force army unit which not only provides training support to Cadet Corps, but also a unique sense of identity, culture, and tradition.
39 Svc Bn directly supports 2947 through accommodations in the Colonel Sherman Armoury, our training location. The Battalion also provides training opportunities for our cadets which are unique to 2947. Our cadets have the opportunity to learn technical training from the soldiers of the Battalion, such as vehicle mechanics and recovery, communications, and navigation.